AssociatePrint to PDF
Adam Barnosky is an associate and member of the firm's Commercial Real Estate and Hospitality & Retail Services practice groups. His practice is concentrated in representation of restaurateurs, hotels, real estate developers, cannabis operators/developers and hospitality industry clients in Boston, Greater-Boston & New England. Adam represents clients in all phases of operations including: licensing procurement, land use and zoning matters, acquisitions, dispositions, negotiating leases, community outreach and government strategies.
Adam has appeared before numerous state and local boards, commissions, and regulatory authorities in Massachusetts including the City of Boston Licensing Board, Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission and Massachusetts Gaming Commission. Adam has been cited in numerous industry publications including the New England Real Estate Journal, University of Pennsylvania Law Review, and Performer Magazine. Adam is the editor of “At Your Service”, RIW’s quarterly Retail, Food and Hospitality newsletter.
During law school, Adam clerked for the Honorable Virginia M. Morgan of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- State & Federal Bar Admissions (Massachusetts)
- Former Vice-President, Student Bar Association (New England Law)
- Member, Massachusetts Restaurant Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, USA500 Club (Griffins Wharf 2)
- Associate counsel for corporate developer of proposed $1 Billion resort/casino in Massachusetts.
- Represented hotel and developer in licensing and commission approvals for creation of new performing arts venue in Boston’s Seaport District.
- Assisted country club operator in compliance with M.G.L.c. 138 in anticipation of the 2013 U.S. Golf Amateur Championship. Representation included analysis of existing licensing legislation, filings with the Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission, and appearances before local licensing authorities.
- Served as corporate and licensing counsel to dozens of new and existing hotels, restaurants, breweries, and bars in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Cohasset, Duxbury, Lowell, Newton, Norwood, Salem, Sharon, and Randolph.
- Represented an association of hotels and restaurants before the Town of Brookline’s Special Licensing Review Committee. Successfully advanced clients’ goals through negotiating draft legislation with Town Counsel and the Brookline Board of Selectmen.
- Panelist, New England Real Estate Journal’s “Cannabis and Commercial Real Estate” (February 2017)
- Moderator, BISNOW’s “Boston Restaurant Development: Concept to Creation” (March 2017)