ShareholderPrint to PDF
Bill Friedler is a Shareholder in the firm's Trusts & Estates group. Bill has concentrated his practice in the areas of complex estate planning, probate and trust administration, planning for adults or children with special needs and disabilities, elder law and Medicaid planning. Bill represents his clients for their corporate estate planning needs and is knowledgeable about business succession planning.
Prior to RIW, Bill founded and served for 25 years as the Managing Partner of The Friedler Law Group, a boutique law firm specializing in Trusts & Estates. Most recently Bill served as Partner and Chair of the Trusts & Estates group at Conn Kavanaugh Rosenthal Peisch & Ford in Boston.
Bill has been a frequent speaker on both radio and television and has been quoted in a variety of publications over the years on topics in Estate Planning, Probate Administration, and Elder Law.
Associations and Affiliations
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Boston Estate Planning Council, Member
- Temple Beth Avodah, President (2009-2011)
- Temple Beth Avodah, Member of Executive Committee
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Taxation Council, Chair (1995-96; 1997-98)
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member of Executive Management Board (1999-2002)
- Massachusetts Bar Association and Massachusetts Bar Foundation, Chair, Investment Sub-Commitee, Budget and Finance (2001-2002)
- Massachusetts Bar Association, House of Delegates, Delegate (1997-2004)
- Hebrew Senior Life, Appointed Director for Life (1997)
- Boston University School of Law, Graduate Tax Program, Adjunct Faculty Member (1986-1989)
Honors and Awards
Bill has been chosen by Boston Magazine every year since 2009 to be designated as a Massachusetts "Super Lawyer" in his field as an Estate Planner. He has also been selected to be included in the 2015 through 2017 publication of "Best Lawyers In America" in the field of Elder Law.
- Panelist and speaker at the 2015 New England Alternative Dispute Resolution Annual Conference, Sponsored by MCLE – Seminar Topic: “Mediation in the Estate Planning & Probate Administration Context.”
- Contributing Author, “Practical Estate Planning in Massachusetts” , Chapter 3, Part V, “Red Flags To Consider When Drafting Estate Plans,” MCLE (1998, updated and reprinted in 2003, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015)
- Co-Author & Panelist, “Medicaid Planning Update”, Massachusetts Bar Association (1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998. )
- Co-Author & Panelist, “Advanced Estate Planning Techniques in Massachusetts”, National Business Institute (1995)
- Co-Author & Panelist, “Estate and Medicaid Planning for the Elderly”, Massachusetts Bar Association (1993 & 1994)
- Co-Author & Panelist, "Estate Planning for Unmarried Couples", Massachusetts Bar Association (1991, 1992, 1993)
- Co-Author & Lecturer, "Massachusetts Probate: Beyond the Basics" , National Business Institute (1994)
- Co-Author & Lecturer, "Preparing Documents for Simple Estate Plans", MCLE (1993)
- Co-Author & Lecturer, "Estate Tax Reform:The New Massachusetts Sponge Tax", Massachusetts Bar Association (1992 & 1993)
- Co-Author & Lecturer, “Annual Update on Estate & Fiduciary Tax Laws”, Massachusetts Bar Association, Tax Section (1993)