ShareholderPrint to PDF
Gary Bubb is a shareholder of the firm and member of the Corporate & Business and Mergers & Acquisitions Groups. He has over 25 years of experience representing privately held companies in the software, manufacturing and retail sectors, and a broad mix of companies in other industries. In his M&A work, Mr. Bubb represents both strategic buyers and sellers.
Mr. Bubb is a versatile corporate attorney with a strong background in taxation and securities law. He holds an LL.M. in Taxation from Boston University. In his tax practice, Mr. Bubb focuses on pass-through entities, including corporations, partnerships, limited liability entities and joint ventures. He advises clients and accountants on how to structure LLC operating agreements. Mr. Bubb also has extensive experience representing C-level executives, and both U.S. and international employers in structuring executive compensation arrangements.
In addition to M&A, Mr. Bubb handles general corporate matters and a broad range of transactions for his clients. His other work includes private offerings of securities, venture capital financings, and franchising.
His tax representation also includes advising clients on achieving and maintaining tax-exempt status, representing clients before federal and state tax agencies, and advising family-owned businesses on business succession planning.
ASSOCIATIONS & ORGANIZATIONS
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Boston Bar Association, Member of Securities Section
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- North Shore Technology Council
- Equity Grants to LLC Employees Can Trigger Unintended Tax Consequences
- SEC Crowdfunding Regulations: Crowded with Obstacles
- “Amnesty” for Massachusetts Taxpayers
- Final Notice - Last chance to fix non-conforming compensations plans
- Patented tax strategies - Are you serious?
- Show Them the Money
- Important Changes in Federal Tax Law Regarding Employee Stock Option
- Important Changes in Federal Tax Law
Ruberto, Israel & Weiner M&A attorney, Gary Bubb, represented Precision Coating Co., Inc. in their acquisition of Boyd Coatings Research Co., Inc. Read the full article here.
“This is our fourth completed acquisition working with Gary Bubb of RIW. He and his firm are exceptionally responsive in these very time and issue intensive periods and provide very high quality legal services both relating to the acquisition and deal financing along with tax, general corporate, and employment subjects. Our counter parties often retain national firms but our counsel help us keep ball-control, and we find we get consistently superior value out of our engagement. Consequently, Gary has been a key contributor to our success.”
Tim Cabot, President & CEO, Katahdin Industries, Inc.