Michael Dana Rosen
ShareholderPrint to PDF
Michael Dana Rosen is a shareholder of the firm and Chair of the firm’s Commercial Real Estate Group. He represents companies and individuals in the acquisition, development, sale, leasing, and financing of complex commercial and residential real estate projects. Mr. Rosen represents borrowers and lenders in sophisticated commercial, real estate, and franchise related financing transactions.
Mr. Rosen's commercial real estate practice also includes advocacy before zoning and planning boards and other municipal agencies in a wide range of land use and regulatory matters. His experience includes representing telecommunications carriers before local boards in connection with the siting of wireless facilities and cellular towers. He also frequently assists real estate holding entities and family businesses on entity structure and formation, succession and estate planning and implementation.
Mr. Rosen's practice includes the representation of closely held businesses, providing contract, general corporate and business advice. He is also available to provide guidance to creditors, vendors and landlords in complex bankruptcy cases and commercial workouts.
Mr. Rosen's business and educational background, as well as his work experience in the banking industry, provides clients with important insight and expertise into a wide range of financial and real estate issues.
Michael Rosen was interviewed by Radio Entrepreneurs on December 19, 2014 and presented at the National Retail Tenants Association (NRTA) on September 27-30, 2015 on the topic of Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreements (SNDAs) and Tenants Estoppels.
- “Cash is king...or not? Landlords and tenants should consider the specifics of a lease transaction”, New England Real Estate Journal, January 30, 2015. (co-authored with Christopher Agostino)
- “How the unions impact lease negotiations between landlord and tenant, and how to avoid disputes”, New England Real Estate Journal, September 5, 2014.
- “Can traditional zoned commercial/industrial areas coexist with mixed-use and Chapter 40B projects”, New England Real Estate Journal, January 31, 2014. (co-authored with Christopher Agostino)
- “Changing Demographics and Demands are Influencing Real Estate Development”, New England Real Estate Journal, November 11, 2011.
- “Adaptive Re-Use”, Banker and Tradesman, June 28, 2004. (co-authored by Joseph McNabb)
Successfully assisted Solar Developer with local permits and approvals before ZBA and Planning Board for innovative 6 mW Solar facility combining carports and rooftop arrays.
Represented International Corporation with regard to the Acquisition of 8.6 Acre Parcel of Land in Marlborough, MA for Development of 65,000 square foot US Headquarters and R&D Facility.
Represented Dundee Redspring LLC, and Ozzy Properties in a variety of land use matters concerning this project. Check out the full story here.
Successful completion and implementation for our client, Osgood Solar, LLC, of a 6 Megawatt Solar Facility in North Andover MA. Check out the full story here.