Russell N. Stein
ShareholderPrint to PDF
Russell N. Stein is Chair of the firm's Corporate & Business Law Group. He is also a key member of the firm's Hospitality and Retail Services practice.
Mr. Stein represents businesses in a variety of corporate, employment, and real estate matters, including business formation, financing, and mergers and acquisitions, shareholder disputes, as well as intellectual property and technology issues. He also assists family businesses with succession and estate planning matters..
Mr. Stein represents clients with both acquiring new businesses or the ultimate sale of their company, including extensive private equity sponsored transactions . He also advises technology companies on intellectual property and licensing issues and was the lead counsel for Harmonix Music Systems, developer of Guitar hero and Rock Band, on its sale to Viacom/MTV. His practice also includes food distribution, and hospitality and retail services clients, including a number of growing restaurant chains
Mr. Stein previously taught Business Planning for Boston University's Program for Financial Planners at Metropolitan College. Mr. Stein also has a background as a Certified Public Accountant in Massachusetts.
He is a frequently sought-after commentator in print, online and radio… as well as a speaker at Business conferences and industry events.
ASSOCIATIONS & ORGANIZATIONS
- Boston, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island Bar Associations
- Congregation Mishkan Tefila - Board of Directors
- Boston Chapter of The Entrepreneurship Institute - Board of Directors
- New England Region of American Technion Society - Board of Directors
- Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors
- Jewish NationalFund, New England Region, Board of Directors
- At Your Service, Issue 3, (RIWs Retail, Food & Hospitality Newsletter) - Various Issues
"Ruberto, Israel & Weiner is my go-to law firm… from the most important moments in my business life, to the day-to-day operational issues. Always available, on time and on budget.
Their recent outstanding work on a complex acquisition is just one example of how their expertise and commitment to getting the deal done makes all the difference. When it counts, Russ, Howie and the entire RIW team deliver."
Mark DeAngelis, Businessman. Entrepreneur, Filmmaker
- Frequent speaker, Restaurant Finance Monitor's National Restaurant Finance & Development Conference, Las Vegas (View Presentation).