Securities LawPrint to PDF
Since 1974, Ruberto, Israel & Weiner has represented broker-dealers in connection with customer complaints and regulatory actions for alleged impropriety by brokers or management. We have handled hundreds of FINRA arbitrations; state and federal court trials and appeals; and SEC, SRO, and Massachusetts Securities Division cases.
Do you have a serious securities law issue that requires attention? Yes, we can help. For more information, contact Barry Weiner, at (617) 742-4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Defended brokers and managers against allegations of market timing by the SEC. Successful appeal to full SEC panel reduced sanctions.
- FINRA arbitration panel award dismissing claims of unsuitability and unauthorized trading by elderly widow.
- Superior court jury verdict in favor of defendants on claims by parents on behalf of their disabled child for fraud, unauthorized trading, and violation of state securities act.
- Successfully defended (after 21 day arbitration) broker, branch managers, and compliance officers in claim by former customer for $18 million as the result of index option activity.
- Successfully defended claim in federal district court involving claim under ERISA statute alleging substantial loss as a result of fraudulent representation by broker and firm relating to bond swaps on purchase of limited partnerships. Decision affirmed by the First Circuit and certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court denied.
- Successfully defended a $19 million discrimination claim against broker-dealer before NASD arbitration panel. Issues were whether firm violated state and federal age discrimination statues by demoting manager of institutional trading department and later terminating him.
- Defended securities firms in employment law cases involving discrimination, wrongful termination, and defamation claims.
- Negotiated favorable settlement with the Massachusetts Division of Securities resulting in withdrawal of complaint without any findings or wrongdoing.