Technology BusinessPrint to PDF
Ruberto, Israel & Weiner’s Technology Business Group is focused on the needs of regional, national, and international technology businesses. We work with technology-based businesses from the startup stage through exit transactions. We understand the intersection of finance, intellectual property, and technology. We have deep sector-specific knowledge of our clients’ technologies, business, practices, intellectual property assets, and transactions. We provide close personal attention, experienced assistance, and competitive pricing.
We have experience with many technology products and services. Specific industry segments include:
- Business software
- Web and cloud services
- Mobile applications
- IT services
- Consumer software and content, including music services, products, and games
- Silicon products, including semiconductors, ASICs and MEMS
- Communications technology companies
- High tech materials
Through our network of affiliations across the globe, we partner with other law firms as needed for global distribution agreements, trademarks, partnerships, and other international matters.
What are your toughest technology business problems and strategic business needs? Yes, we can help. For more information, contact Technology Business Group Co-Chairs Gene Landy at (617) 742-4200 or email@example.com or John Cohan at (617) 742-4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide strategic advice and guidance on all legal aspects of distribution and partnering, including:
- Distribution deals
- Branding strategies
- Technology and intellectual property strategies
Our team has vast expertise in a wide range of issues that impact technology companies, including:
- Company formation
- Incorporation, tax strategy, capital structure, shareholder agreements
- Formation and operation of U.S.-based subsidiaries of foreign companies
- Financing transactions
- Seed capital, angel and venture financing, commercial loans, private placements, securities offerings, and employee stock and ownership plans
- Employment law generally, employee agreements, option plans, and other equity compensation plans
- Trademark, brand strategies, and copyrights
- Trademark registration services, including U.S. federal registration
- Foreign trademark services
- Management of global trademark portfolios
- Copyright registration
- Civil litigation issues, including trade secret matters, copyright, and trademark infringements, contract disputes, and non-competition and confidentiality agreements
TECHNOLOGY TRANSACTION EXPERIENCE
Our firm handles all kind of technology transactions, including:
- Licensing of software and digital services
- Customer, reseller, VAR, and OEM agreements
- Internet and mobile distribution and services deals
- Web site terms and policies
- Development agreements
- Technology asset and rights acquisitions
- University licenses and tech transfer agreements
- Standards organization agreements
- Outsourcing agreements
- Patent, copyright, and trademark licensing
- Open source licensing
- International distribution arrangements
- Strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Multimedia, entertainment, and game deals
- Content acquisition and licensing
- Technology mergers and acquisitions
NOTABLE TECHNOLOGY M&A DEALS
- The sale of an open source vendor to Oracle.
- The sale of an employment software company.
- The purchase of a mobile music distribution company.
- The intellectual property aspects of a $350 million technology company division sale to a foreign buyer.
- The sale of Harmonix Music Systems to Viacom’s MTV Networks.