Michael J. Barone, Jr.
AssociatePrint to PDF
Michael J. Barone, Jr., is an associate with the firm’s Commercial Real Estate Group. His practice covers the areas of real estate transactions, leasing, and zoning and land use. In particular, Mike has significant experience guiding clients through the process of IRC §1031 tax deferred exchanges, including the sale of relinquished properties, coordinating with qualified intermediaries, and identifying and purchasing replacement properties. He has represented clients in the purchase, sale, and financing of properties in New York, Massachusetts, Virginia, Texas, and Florida.
Mike is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester and a graduate, magna cum laude, of the Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center on Long Island. During his time at Touro, he served as Articles Editor of the Touro Law Review.
Prior to joining Ruberto, Israel & Weiner P.C., Mike was an associate with Sahn Ward Coschignano, PLLC, on Long Island, where he handled all aspects of commercial real estate transactions from contract to closing, negotiated leases, and regularly prepared zoning applications for clients.
Mike has been recognized as a 2017 and 2018 New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Star. He is admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the State of New York.
- Represented closely held corporation in IRC §1031 like-kind, tax deferred exchange involving the sale of a $15.525m commercial property in the Cobble Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn and the purchase of several replacement properties, including Delaware Statutory Trusts.
- Represented Purchaser in acquisition of $2,350,000 office building on Long Island with $1,200,000 of conventional and $950,000 Small Business Administration financing.
- Represented Purchaser in acquisition of $4,200,000 multi-tenanted commercial property on Long Island.
- Represented Temple in application to New York State Attorney General seeking permission under New York not-for-profit corporation law to enter into a long-term ground lease, as Landlord, with developer, as Tenant, for a portion of the Temple’s property.
- Represented national staffing company in negotiation of office lease for 20,500 square feet of commercial space in New Jersey.
- Represented artisanal Japanese ice cream shop in the negotiation of several leases for new locations including Boston’s Seaport and Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
- Delegation and the Destruction of American Liberties: The Affordable Care Act and the Contraception Mandate (29 TOURO L. REV. 795 (2013))