Eric M. Sigman
ShareholderPrint to PDF
Eric focuses his corporate practice in the areas of corporate formation, capitalization, succession planning, commercial leasing, and mergers and acquisitions. His transactional practice includes counseling clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, asset and stock purchases, buy-sell agreements, corporate formation, partnership agreements, contract drafting and review and other general corporate matters.
Eric’s Hospitality practice has a focus on Franchise law including, franchise agreement negotiations, franchise disclosure document drafting, analysis and review, commercial real estate, retail leasing, corporate formation and any related business counseling.
Eric can also draw upon the expertise of other relevant RIW practice groups as needed, to provide a full range of effective and efficient client service.
Previously, Eric was the founding partner and owner of Sigman Law Office, P.C. which focused on real estate and business law matters. He is an active member in the USA 500 Clubs and ProVisors networking organizations and a member of the board of directors of the New England Business Broker’s Association. Eric is a regular presenter on a variety of corporate topics at Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education and the Boston Bar Association.
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- USA 500 Clubs
- Boston Bar Association
- New England Business Broker’s Association
- New England Franchise Association
Honors and Awards
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Massachusetts Super Lawyers 2012, 2016, 2017
- “Contract Drafting and Negotiation,” Boston Bar Association (March, 2018)
- “Contract Review, Negotiation & Analysis,” MCLE (November 2016 & 2017)
- “Nuts and Bolts of Partnership Agreements” (November 2016)
- “Cost Conscious Tax and HR Strategies for Employing Foreign Workers,” International Business Series (October 2016)
- Franchise Law for Business Brokers (April, 2015 and October 2016)
Represented MPZ Holdings' acquisition of Marco's Pizza locations in South Carolina.