Ruberto, Israel & Weiner's Technology Business Group understands the unique legal concerns and challenges that our clients in the games and entertainment industry face. We have extensive experience working with technology products and Internet companies, and provide a diverse scope of services to meet the needs of companies and artists working in this specialized field.
We collaborate with our intellectual property, corporate law, and mergers and acquisitions practices to develop robust legal strategies for raising capital, licensing, manufacturing, distribution, and building and protecting intellectual property. Protecting content is of critical concern to game developers and film producers, so we offer sophisticated and comprehensive services that companies need to fully protect and enforce their intellectual property rights.
The variety of transactions we manage for our games and entertainment clients has involved:
- Content acquisition and licensing
- Technology acquisitions and transfers
- Licensing transfers
- Development agreements
- Internet and mobile distribution deals
- Patent, copyright, and trademark licensing
- International distribution arrangement
- Strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Business mergers and acquisitions
We offer games and entertainment companies and artists assistance with addressing all their business and legal issues, including:
- Corporate business
- Employee compensation and contracts
- Financial and capital matters
- Intellectual property
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Real estate
Our clients have included game designers and developers, film producers and distributors, musical artists and producers, songwriters, and publishers.