Christopher J. Lhulier is a member of the firm's Banking, Finance & Lending Department, and Corporate Restructuring & Distressed Assets and Franchise Law Groups. His practice focuses on providing guidance in the areas of debt finance, mergers and acquisitions, and other corporate matters.
Chris advises borrowers and lenders in all aspects of debt financing, including acquisition financing, structured real estate financing, senior and subordinate debt financing, asset-based loans, venture debt transactions, and equipment leasing transactions. He also counsels clients in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, and commercial contract transactions.
Additionally, Chris has significant experience in handling all aspects of the chapter 11 bankruptcy process, including pre-filing client counseling, 363 sale, plan confirmation, and post-confirmation processes.
On a daily basis, Chris works with lenders and borrowers to close secured loans of all sizes and complexity levels. His approach to guiding clients is practical and results oriented and his extensive experience provides his clients with confidence that their interests are being well represented in every situation. He is extremely service oriented and aims to make each transaction efficient and user friendly for his clients and all parties involved.
Chris is active in:
- The End of LIBOR: What Lenders Need to Know https://www.riw.com/2021/02/client-alert-the-end-of-libor-what-lenders-need-to-know/
- Routinely represents regional banks as lenders in asset-based term, revolving and equipment line of credit loan facilities to diverse borrowers in a wide-range of industries.
- Represented venture debt fund as lender to various innovative early-stage technology and healthcare companies.
- Represented foodservice technology company in a $450 million term, revolving and incremental syndicated loan facility.
- Represented radiology physician practice as borrower in a $250 million secured revolving, term, delayed draw term and incremental credit facility in connection with the ongoing acquisition of multiple physician practices.
- Represented private equity sponsor-backed real estate management SAAS company as borrower in a $20 million revolving loan facility.
- Represented private equity sponsor-backed healthcare education company as borrower in a $16 million senior secured term and revolving loan facility.