Gary Bubb is a shareholder of the firm and member of the Corporate & Business Department and Mergers & Acquisitions Group. He has over 35 years of experience representing privately held companies in the software, manufacturing, hospitality and retail sectors, and a broad mix of companies in other industries. In his M&A work, Mr. Bubb represents buyers and sellers in both strategic and financial transactions.
Mr. Bubb is a versatile corporate attorney with a strong background in taxation and securities law. He holds an LL.M. in Taxation from Boston University. In his tax practice, Mr. Bubb has extensive experience assisting C-level executives with their deferred and equity compensation arrangements and their participation in change in control transactions. As an experienced C-corp. and partnership tax practitioner, Mr. Bubb provides valuable guidance to the firm’s buy-side and sell-side clients in structuring their M&A transactions in the most tax efficient manner.
In addition to M&A, Mr. Bubb handles general corporate matters and a broad range of transactions for his clients. His other work includes private offerings of securities, LLC operating agreements, cross-border outbound strategic investments, and negotiating clients’ credit facilities with regional and national banks.
ASSOCIATIONS & ORGANIZATIONS
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Boston Bar Association, Member of Securities Section
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- North Shore Technology Council
- Counsel to food service supply chain solutions provider in $450M credit facility with national asset-based lender.
- Represented food service supply chain solutions provider in 25 middle market acquisitions, including a $200M acquisition of a restaurant supply chain technology provider.
- Co-counsel to designer/manufacturer of custom automation equipment in $195M sale to a portfolio company of a large middle market private equity firm.
- Co-counsel to web services consultant in $30M sale to national cloud service provider .
- Represented medical device coatings provider in numerous acquisitions of companies with discrete masking, coating application, surface treatments and marking specialties.
- Co-counsel to sterile medical needle manufacturer with enterprise value of $130M in sale to life sciences private equity firm.
- Co-counsel to internet content management solutions provider in $45M sale to middle market business services private equity firm.
- Co-counsel to building materials and services provider in $280M sale to national structural building products supplier.
- Co-counsel to veterinary services group with enterprise value of $240M in sale to healthcare services private equity firm.
- Counsel to Massachusetts adult day care provider in $12M asset sale to national adult day health provider.
- Represented Precision Coating Co., Inc. in their acquisition of Boyd Coatings Research Co., Inc.
- Represented over 150 executives of large middle market and publicly traded companies in career transitions and change of control transactions.
- Represented Boston-based marketing strategy firm in negotiations of numerous master services agreements with big pharma companies.
- Equity Grants to LLC Employees Can Trigger Unintended Tax Consequences
- SEC Crowdfunding Regulations: Crowded with Obstacles
- “Amnesty” for Massachusetts Taxpayers
- Final Notice - Last Chance to Fix Non-Conforming Compensations Plans
- Patented tax strategies - Are you serious?
- Show Them the Money
- Important Changes in Federal Tax Law Regarding Employee Stock Option
- Important Changes in Federal Tax Law
“Gary and his firm are exceptionally responsive in these very time and issue intensive periods and provide very high quality legal services both relating to the acquisition and deal financing along with tax, general corporate, and employment subjects. Our counter parties often retain national firms but our counsel help us keep ball-control, and we find we get consistently superior value out of our engagement. Consequently, Gary has been a key contributor to our success.”
Tim Cabot, President & CEO, Katahdin Industries, Inc.