Christopher R. Agostino
AssociatePrint to PDF
Christopher R. Agostino serves as business counsel to clients across a range of industries, including commercial real estate, construction, lending, manufacturing, hospitality, retail sales and services and transportation. His practice covers the life-cycle of most privately held businesses from entity formation, employment matters, joint ventures, contracts and commercial finance, to mergers and acquisitions, business succession planning, 'business divorces' and creditors’ rights.
In addition, Chris’ experience in administrative law and land use provides a valuable resource to the firm’s Commercial Real Estate Group. He has successfully represented clients in proceedings before state and local administrative agencies, including the Massachusetts Housing Appeals Committee. He has served as lead counsel to clients in all phases of comprehensive permit development under Chapter 40B and as an expert panelist on the topic of Chapter 40B. Chris has represented clients in disputes ranging from the issuance of a project eligibility letter, to post-permit changes, to 40B foreclosure issues and appellate review.
Chris is a graduate of The College of William and Mary in Virginia and a graduate, cum laude, from Suffolk University Law School. He has been recognized by Martindale Hubbell as an AV® peer review rated attorney. He is admitted to practice in all state courts in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts and is a member of the American Bar Association.
Chris has been recognized by Martindale Hubbell as an AV® peer review rated attorney. He is admitted to practice in all state courts in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and is a member of the American Bar Association.
HONORS & AWARDS
- AV Peer Review Rated Attorney, Martindale Hubbell, 2010-Present
- Hanover Woods LLC v. Hanover, No. 11-04 (HAC 2014)
- Bruce LLC v. Dighton, No. 10-06 (HAC 2014)
- In re Arcadia Enterprises, Inc., 40 B.R. 1 (Bkrtcy.D.Mass. 2010)
- Simon Hill, LLC v. Norwell, No. 09-07 (HAC 2011)
- White Barn, LLC v. Norwell, No. 08-05 (HAC 2011)
- In re Hanover and Hanover Woods, LLC, No. 10-02 (HAC 2010)
- Norwell Washington, LLC v. Norwell, No. 06-07 (HAC 2007)
- Rosewood Realty Trust v. Mansfield, No. 06-03 (HAC 2007)
- Tiffany Hill, Inc. v. Norwell, No. 04-15 (HAC 2007)
- Quoted, article "HAC’s approval of 40B project upheld. Affordable housing goals trump planning concerns", Lawyers Weekly (July 2016).
- Quoted, article "Open Meeting Law not violated over mediation", Lawyers Weekly (December 2016).