RIW and The Boston Restaurant Group hosted our 27th Annual Restaurant Trends Seminar on Monday, May 13 at the Seaport World Trade Center. This year’s seminar theme was Best Practices in a Changing Restaurant Landscape. There were over 200 people in attendance. Following the educational portion of the event was a networking reception with a live jazz band. Net proceeds from the event went to benefit lovin’ spoonfuls, a food rescue organization.
Below is the list of the event presentations:
Annual Restaurant Trends update of the current trends in the Boston restaurant area – Charlie Perkins of Boston Restaurant Group
Radio program and panel discussion: The Next Great Generation – Millennials as Customers and Employees
- Joe Piantedosi, Piantedosi Baking Co. – Host/Moderator of Breaking Bread with Joe Piantedosi on 104.9 FM (Moderator)
- Marty Bloom, Owner, Burro Bar, Mission on the Bay, Mission Oak Grille
- Patrick Renna, President, Wahlburgers
- Nate Berkowitz, Director of Finance, Clover Food Lab
Session 3: Panel Discussion: Sailing Through Uncharted Waters with Captains of the Local Restaurant Industry
- Steve DiFillippo, Chef and CEO, Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse (Moderator)
- Kathy Sidell – Owner, Saltie Girl, Met Bar, and Stephanie’s on Newbury
- Eric Papachristos – Owner & CEO, Saloniki, Trade and Porto
- Andy Husbands, Pit Master/Owner, The Smoke Shop
For more information on the seminar and previous seminars visit: www.rtseminar.com
This summary is presented for informational and educational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, nor create an attorney-client relationship. For a full understanding of the issues, please contact counsel of your choice.